Usually, all search engine strategies are primarily divided into two categories as on-page SEO and Off-page SEO. Our SEO beginners guide help you to balance of both these in order to ensure optimal optimization of your website to be shown on top of search engine result pages (SERPs). On-page and off-page could be considered as two sides of the fence in terms of enhancing your search engine value. Let’s first have a quick overview of these.
- On-page SEO focuses on what is there present your site or web pages.
- Off-page SEO is concerned about how popular and authoritative your site could be made.
What are the Major Differences between On-page vs Off-Page SEO ?
Major On-Page SEO elements
1. Title Tags
You need to include the targeted keywords at the title tags of site pages. Learn the industry’s best practices on how to prepare effective title tags.
Headings or H1 tags are the headers of a page and search engines give more value to it. Work cleverly around it with your targeted keywords, but make sure that the H1 header represents the actual content of the page.
Try to include keywords into the URLs as well, but never make it awkward. It is good to get some expert consulting on this.
4. image alt texts
This text isn’t visible to the normal visitors, but alt text is the element through which the screen readers and search engine crawler understand the content of an image. So, ensure that it is made relevant and exact as to what the image is.
Other on-page elements to consider for SEO are page loading speed, quality of page content, internal linking structure, etc.
Major Off-page SEO elements
When it comes to off-page SEO, you need to focus more on strategies like.
- Creating wonderful content so that people like to link to it.
- Sharing content through social media to generate more links and traffic.
- Email outreach to the influencers in your niche to gain more links to your pages.
- Doing guest blogging on related sites to get more backlinks.
- Ensuring link quality than focusing on the number of links.
Considering whether on-page or off-page is more important, you should know that both of these equally important and need to work together in order to improve your overall search engine ranking. These complement each other; however, you need to set your on-page SEO elements fist in succession before getting on to off-page SEO efforts.